Located between Great Bay and Little Bay in the southern part of the island, Fort Amsterdam dates back nearly four centuries. It was constructed by Dutch settlers who claimed the island in 1631 and utilized shortly thereafter in battle with Spanish occupiers. There isn't much left of the fort itself, but the surrounding nature is spectacular. Wear comfortable shoes and look out for iguanas.
- Address: Little Bay Road, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten