Forgotten World Adventure
Whanganui River Adventure
King Country in New Zealand is a land of picturesque landscapes, perfectly fit for the noble explorer. So, spend five days in the wilds of the Whanganui on an adventure deep in the country’s North Island. What follows is a journey through handcut tunnels, past overflowing lavender farms, through ancient fern forests and up fertile rivers to the Valley of Abandoned Dreams. Add some thrill-seeking activities, comfortable motel-style accommodation and a host of outdoor inclusions, and you’ve got yourself an action-packed tour of north western New Zealand that’s well past the tourist brochure. It may well be the king – or queen – of them all.
- Pureora – Village & Forest Walk
- Forgotten World – Rail Carts Tour
- Forgotten World – Ploughman’s Lunch
- Forgotten World – Lavender Farm Visit
- Whanganui National Park – Bridge to Nowhere Walk
- Whanganui National Park – Jetboat Ride
- Whanganui National Park – Downstream Canoe Paddle
- Whanganui – Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Whanganui – Putiki Church
- Mt Taranaki National Park – Dawson Falls Walk
- Whanganui – Kai Iwi Beach
- Learn of a land dubbed the ‘Forgotten World’ on a rail cart experience near Taumarunui, passing through handcut brick tunnels to rolling countryside and fields of lavender.
- Get your adrenaline pumping with a fast-paced jet boat ride to the Mangapurua Landing, swapping the thrills for curious tales of the Valley of Abandoned Dreams on a guided hike to the Bridge to Nowhere.
- Canoeing down the Whanganui River without any rush or hurry gives you the power to choose your own pace.
- The scenery of New Zealand’s North Island begs for more than just a happy snap. Consider your options to hike through forests and waterfalls in your spare time, and get up close and personal with a leader-led walk at Mt Taranaki.
Taupo / Pureora / Taumarunui
Forgotten World / Ohakune
Whanganui National Park / Ohakune
Mt Taranaki / New Plymouth